About Our Pillow
Comfort & Support: From One Mom to Another
Designed by Chrissy Mouland, a mother of 4 and health care professional. When her 3rd and 4th babies hated being seated in an upright position she searched for a way to make them more comfortable. The pillow replicates rolled blankets or towels often recommended for positioning support, but stays in place and doesn't unravel. Chrissy's passion for this little pillow grew, as the nurse in her drove her to research potential benefits and found that positioning support could have helped prevent and/or treat her eldest daughter's flat spot (placgiocephaly). Plagiocephaly is generally considered a cosmetic concern, but can have long term effects - such as asymmetry of facial features and discomfort wearing protective head equipment - both of which affect her daughter.
Benefits of Our Pillow
- Provides proper positional support for babe’s head, neck and spine
- Provides comfort for your little one
- Endorsed by Pediatric Chiropractors and Physiotherapists
- Use at home and on the go in - swings, strollers and more
- Use the same pillow from birth to preschool age
The Ellie Ears Pillow does all that! Designed by a mom of 4, who is also a health professional, our “one size fits all” pillow is comfortable and functional for newborn babes to preschoolers.
Ellie Ears are endorsed by parents and health professionals alike for supervised use. Using the Ellie Ears Pillow for proper positioning of the head, neck and spine helps babe continue sensorimotor development in the 4th trimester and beyond.
Use of the Ellie Ears positional support pillow can help decrease the risk, and can aide in the treatment of "flat head syndrome" (plagiocephaly) and Torticollis (tight neck muscles) in infants. The pillow can also help babies with reflux and colic rest easier, and provide much needed support to children with low muscle tone.
AGES & STAGES: How to use your Ellie Ears Pillow
Newborn - Rolling
For both head & body support
- Swing, Bouncy chair
- Bassinet, Loungers (awake)
- Car seat/bassinet on your stroller
- Side lying - great for play time to get babe off the back of their head
Infants (rolling +) & Preschoolers
previously listed uses &
- Hiking backpack
- Travel Pillow - planes, trains and automobiles!
Children with Medical needs requiring positioning support
previously listed uses &
- High chairs for feeding support
- Other specialized supportive seating and standing devices
- Spica Casts - leg & body positioning
For More info visit our Frequently Asked Questions Page
OUR PROFESSIONAL PARTNERS:
"This amazing product is incredibly well-designed for supporting baby's head and neck. We recommend the Ellie Ears to allof our mommas looking to prevent conidtions such as torticollis (head tilting) and plagiocephaly (flat spots).
- Dr. Caitlin Zietz, DC Complete Health Chiropractic